Who? What?

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
The International Martini Assassin!

Writer. Photographer. Journalist. Nightlife + Cocktail Guru. Bon Vivant. One man PR machine. Event Planner/Producer/Promoter. Lover. Fighter. Artist. Actor. Mixologist. Adventurer. Gambler. Patron of the Arts. Philanthropist. Marketing Genius. Man about town!
Former "almost famous" Rock Star.
Former "discovered" then unfilmed actor.
Infamous!

Posting adventures mostly from west of the Mississippi. The great Southwest, Vegas, Los Angeles & more! Living it up, getting around,sometimes reminiscing with my own unique perspective. Enjoying the finer things in life whenever possible. I work hard, so I play hard. Rock on!

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2009

What's hot/ what’s not!



I already know what you're thinking... and yes. At the risk of shameless self promotion I just have to, of course, plug Martini World! Mondays at imbibe. But, I'll come back to that later.


I have just been so busy lately that I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll just stick with the recent past. It's a bit of a blur but I know I've had a good time. A real good time. Most of the time anyway. Some of you have been there with me too.Road trips up north, Art Galleries, Parades, Parties, Club events, Networking events, Sushi. I need a rest already! OK, so maybe I should just get to what's hot and what's not. I'm sure every magazine in town does this.. but I don't care!


Let's start with "not".

Not. The Cooperage. Unless of course you are looking for a $9 martini in the smallest glass available by law... during HAPPY HOUR! Oh, with a bunch of blue hairs anxious to get their "Nawlens" on.

Not. Two Fools Tavern. Still can't get a "shot"! You can get a "glass" of whiskey but don't shoot it or you're out on your ass.

Not. NM Rail Runner on a Friday night. If you hop on right after work (downtown Abq 5:21 pm) you will have just enough time for a drink or two in Santa Fe before catching the last train back at 9:30! Without reservations you will have a 2-3 hour wait in the popular restaurants... unless you're me.

Not. Albuquerque Cab. If you want to wait an hour on your way out or your way home go for it. I had the rudest driver for a "safe ride" & when I called to complain all they did was defend him. I had only had 2 drinks & food, so it wasn't me. I have swapped out my speed dial to Yellow Cab 505-247-8888.

Aaaaannnnd HOT! What's hot lately? More than the "not" luckily. So many hots, so little time.


HOT. Mac-Tire of Skye Pipes and Drums. Voted “Best Upcoming Scottish Musical Group” in Albuquerque the Magazine’s 2008 Best of the City issue. Featured in an online exclusive at Alibi.com, "Not just pipe dreams" a few weeks ago. Starring in my backyard for the "Post St. Patty's Day Parade Party" recently. I love you guys.

HOT. NM Rail Runner on a Saturday. Crowded? Perhaps. Do you want to stand for 1.5 hours from Santa Fe? Perhaps not. But it does run later than Friday! You have all day to get there and the last train home leaves at 10 PM.

HOT. Cake Fetish. Cupcakes that are delicious works of art! And they have delivery too! “Cake Fetish is Albuquerque's first gourmet cupcake bakery.Each cupcake is made from scratch in small batches by our highly creativebakers using the freshest ingredients.” Uptown, downtown, and the west side.

HOT. Giovanni's Pizza. They recently delivered pies all the way to Central and Girard! And it is still the best authentic NY Style Pizza around.


HOT. Yellow Cab. Fast, friendly, no grief. NOT owned by the same company as Albuquerque Cab contrary to popular belief! 505-247-8888

HOT. Local IQ Magazine. For the "25 and over" crowd who appreciate the finer things in life. Read the column called "Fabü" by my long time friend Lisa Van Dyke!

HOT. Shogun. Still. I love to start the "boat note" and communicate with strangers on the other side of the sushi bar. The sushi is top notch. The people are friendly and the beer's cold. What else do you want? I swear these are the best Spider Rolls on earth! And try a Crispy Dragon Roll.

And last but not least HOT. Monday nights at imbibe. I saw that. Don't wince. I heard that! Just read on, and no, I am not an owner or investor. There are people of all ages here at all times it appears. And what the hell else is there to do on a Monday in Albuquerque?!
MartiniWorld.com Presents Martini World! Mondays...


So who wants to party like a rock star?
Weekends are for amateurs anyway!
Chicken?
Tired?
Too hip for you?


Wait. What about a relaxing happy hour? 4-7 I dare you to find a normal size premium martini for $5 in this town! There are pints of premium imports for $2 too! And I personally put together this ever changing playlist for 4-8 PM. Everything from Dean Martin to songs you recognize from every popular mob movie, even the newer ones.


Still not hooked? How about the cool movie I show at 6? Last week was the original Scarface (1932). This week will be On the Waterfront (1954), with Marlon Brando.



Come watch a movie after work.
NCAA Final Four?
Have a drink.
Have a cigar.

This is Albuquerque's only legal smoking bar.
Don't like smoke?
There is a state of the art filtration system.
They open the garage doors for the warm weather too.
Next Monday 4/06/09 alleged to be 69 degrees, sunny, no wind.

There is also a rooftop patio with great views of Route 66.
And I have the handsome, talented, and single DJ Ryan (the Friday night DJ) at 8 on Mondays.

Hmmm... what else? It's cool. All your friends are doing it.
There'll be models, some promotion every week.
Did I mention surprises too? Like FREE stuff?

Recently featured in abqonthecheap.com!
Check out my promo video too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-7T-syurS8
Hope to see you there. Ciao

No comments: