Who? What?

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
The International Martini Assassin!

Writer. Photographer. Journalist. Nightlife + Cocktail Guru. Bon Vivant. One man PR machine. Event Planner/Producer/Promoter. Lover. Fighter. Artist. Actor. Mixologist. Adventurer. Gambler. Patron of the Arts. Philanthropist. Marketing Genius. Man about town!
Former "almost famous" Rock Star.
Former "discovered" then unfilmed actor.
Infamous!

Posting adventures mostly from west of the Mississippi. The great Southwest, Vegas, Los Angeles & more! Living it up, getting around,sometimes reminiscing with my own unique perspective. Enjoying the finer things in life whenever possible. I work hard, so I play hard. Rock on!

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Rise of Fall

Hmmm... sounds dirty. Well, fall is "upon us" didn't sound as catchy. Wait, that still sounds dirty though! OK, anyway... lol.
Just a quick catch up with the non social network addicted.
So much has happened lately and is about to happen in Martini World!
Single life, and love, is brutal. Art is kind. But either way you suffer for it. Well I have been very busy with the art anyway. And like a mother F-ing Phoenix, I will rise from the ashes of heartbreak and gloom! Ladies and gentlemen it is my pleasure to present to you the new and improved Martini Mike.



In a move to expand my photographic portfolio and presence I have taken to a model search and subsequent studio sessions. So check out some of the goods of late.  As we are in my favorite season (must be the season of the witch) I am working the ghosts out with such sets as "Samhain", and "Muerte 2010" both featuring Galina Dubceac and the latter also featuring yours truly. I am also developing such sets as "JAZZ BABY!", an ode to a personal friend and inspiration- the late (legendary photographer) Bill Claxton. Just want to view my personal favorites from the entire portfolio? Flickriver baby. And for the FBI here is my latest self portrait entitled "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil Self Portrait II".  That's from this week and yes I lost a lot of weight.


You may recently have seen some photography locally in the August issue of Albuquerque the Magazine ("Butte Monster Feet"), and also "Feet in the Grass in a Bar" in the “Alibi” V.19 No.38, Sept 23-29, 2010. Was that my "foot period" ? Coming up... 20 piece solo show of LARGE pieces.

Be sure to pick up a copy of the November issue of Albuquerque the Magazine in a few weeks. I wrote the wine and spirits sections... "From the Vine", "Spirits 101", Thanksgiving wine picks, etc. Thanks to all my experts;NM Wine Growers Association, Jubilation, National Distribution's Mara Perrigo, and Swirl's Lori Anne McBride.

Still plugging away at my major publication debut. Have a certain cigar bar's article/photos in the can and moving on to yet another submission. Also have a chapter from one of my novels (in progress) ready for Esquire if my stalking them would just get a response! Was it Mrs. New Mexico who said she could get me in the door at Playboy? Remember all you magazines... I'm a double threat;Writer and Photographer. Let the games begin!



And well, events? Planning a Day of the Dead event for Monday, November 1st. Keep your eyes and ears to the ground. Also may be partnering with another promoter for a weekly floating club and some other ideas we discussed. (Call me)

MUSIC. What am I thinking? I tend not to dwell in the past, so this can only mean I'm considering some singing again. Maybe just studio? Who knows. But there is now a music page that should age/date me pretty well! http://www.reverbnation.com/michaelpmartinimikedarco Grab a strong drink and some headphones.

If you're not already... become an "official" fan over at Facebook.
In the words of Mark Twain,  ‎"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
Happy 10/10/10 to all of you.

No comments: