Who? What?

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
The International Martini Assassin!

Writer. Photographer. Journalist. Nightlife + Cocktail Guru. Bon Vivant. One man PR machine. Event Planner/Producer/Promoter. Lover. Fighter. Artist. Actor. Mixologist. Adventurer. Gambler. Patron of the Arts. Philanthropist. Marketing Genius. Man about town!
Former "almost famous" Rock Star.
Former "discovered" then unfilmed actor.
Infamous!

Posting adventures mostly from west of the Mississippi. The great Southwest, Vegas, Los Angeles & more! Living it up, getting around,sometimes reminiscing with my own unique perspective. Enjoying the finer things in life whenever possible. I work hard, so I play hard. Rock on!

Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Random poetry

Well here's a treat for you... ?
I rarely post poetry outside of a paper publication.
Why? Magazines are usually funny about anything being previously published even on the internet.
Well do I look like someone that always follows the rules?
And seeing as I am diving into my heart ART (wow, was that a Freudian slip or what?!)to keep from going mad without a muse... here I am and here it is.
So without further ado...
Some random poems from one of my unpublished books entitled "Goodbye Glitter Dome- Reflections from the City of Lost Angels" (1988-1992).

Untitled

"A toast!", I said
Everything's a poem you see...
"To jamming, and toasts!"
We chuckled
And drank
And jammed
And toasted some more
And wrote
And vanished...

-Michael P. D'Arco

Untitled

Her lonely, drenched eyes
Silently standing
Unfocused
In the face of the bar's edge
A familiar relief
Fell with her hair
And the exceeding repose
Of the final call
Echoed
Dominant
In our ears.

-Michael P. D'Arco

2 Cats

Four in the morning
Wild, black cats
Under my window
Screaming and whining

2 fat cats
Fighting again
Saturday night
Running in circles

Glowing, under a spell
of the October moon
Illuminating madness
They are my old friends

Hissing from my window
I interrupt
Spying through the curtains
Between my own clawing

-Michael P. D'Arco

Untitled

I wonder if
Someday
One stranger
Will say to another stranger
"That's very D'Arco-esque"
Or-
"That's very D'Arco-istic"
"D'Arco-ish"

Looking
Perplexed
At scribblings
On a ratty scrap of paper
Or-
At a photograph
Bent and torn...

-Michael P. D'Arco

No comments: